- You must be at least 21 years of age or older and authorized to purchase tobacco according to all applicable city & state laws in order to order from Leaf Only.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- CT Residents add 6.35% sales tax. Remittance of any taxes on orders shipped outside of Connecticut is the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Orders received by 2:00pm EST usually ship within 3-5 business days after the order is received. However, we ask for patience and understanding in the event of delays that are caused by circumstances outside of our control.
- Leaf Only is not responsible for any health or other side effects caused by using any of the products we sell. Smoking and using tobacco (or anything else for that matter) can be extremely dangerous, and is known to cause various health problems. Please use responsibly.
- If Leaf Only sends you the wrong item, we will pay for the shipping charges, and replace the product(s) once they are returned to us.
- If you are a first time customer with us and provide different billing/shipping information, we will reach out via telephone to verify the information. If we are not able to do so, your order will be held until we can reach you. If we are not able to reach you after a number of days, your order will be cancelled and the credit card will be refunded. If you have selected to pay an expedited turnaround fee to have your order leave our warehouse sooner, it will not leave until we can verbally speak to the cardholder over the telephone.
- If for some reason you ordered the wrong product and would simply like to return, or exchange it, you may do so. In this case however, customers will be responsible for all shipping charges, as well as a 5% re-stocking fee, and any price difference of items. The product to be returned must not have been damaged, must include all original contents, and be post-marked no later than a week after we are notified of the return. Customers are responsible for any additional shipping expenses due to incorrectly submitted information.
- If an item is missing from your order, it will be added onto a future purchase or refunded to your payment method.
- If there is an issue with the quality of your order that falls outside the realm of what is to be expected with agricultural commodities, we will ask for pictures to confirm the issues and make a determination of whether or not it is eligible for an exchange or refund.
- Tobacco "Low Grade" is not eligible for refunds. Please read the item descriptions carefully before purchasing low grade tobacco.
- All requests for exchanges or refunds must occur within one week of receiving the item to be exchanged. Return requests can be made by phone by calling 860-704-0646, or by e-mail (email@example.com).
- In the event of a refund, we will notify you via email once the credit has been processed.
Turnaround / Shipping
- USPS shipping methods are neither expedited nor guaranteed. First Class service estimates up to 15 business days to deliver, while Priority Mail estimates up to 10 business days to deliver.
- If your package is lost or damaged during transit via UPS or USPS, we will file a claim on your behalf. Claim investigations can take 8-10 business days (up to 30 for international orders) to be completed and during that time frame a refund and/or replacement is not issued until the investigation is over.
- For orders delivered via the United States Postal Service (USPS): If the carrier's tracking information states that the package has been delivered, but the customer claims to have not received the package; Neither Leaf Only nor USPS will refund or investigate the missing package. For this reason, customers must use discretion when choosing a shipping carrier if there is a chance of this happening at a specific delivery location.
- At our discretion, we will occasionally require a signature for deliveries to specific locations or customers.
- UPS will not ship to P.O. Boxes, so you must include a physical address for UPS orders. UPS is not responsible for reaching out to get a physical address from the customer and will most likely return the package to us. The customer will be responsible for paying any re-shipment charges.
- UPS and USPS do not include weekends as business days.
- Unless there is a special request, we ship all international orders using USPS Priority Mail and use commodity codes that designate our goods not as tobacco "products", rather raw agricultural commodities or non-taxable goods (in most cases). However, depending on the country, the inspecting customs agent may charge taxes on our goods as if they were tobacco products and/or have special restrictions for import. It is the responsibility of our customers to ask import officials the regulations regarding whole leaf tobacco (commodity code prefix 2401).
- First Class Mail has no estimated time of arrival and is not insured. Priority Mail is estimated at 6-10 business days, but that is completely dependent upon how fast customs can process the package through.
- If selecting UPS to ship and after several attempts UPS cannot reach you to pay the duties/taxes, or you neglect to do so, UPS will abandon the package and a refund will not be available.
- If the package gets sent back to us, and you want it sent out again, you would have to pay for shipping again. If you decide that you do not want the package re-shipped and would like a refund, you would only get refunded the item total, minus a 5% restocking fee. Shipping cost does not get refunded. If the goods are destroyed or not returned, refunds are not available.
- If tobacco leaf gets mis-categorized by customs as a "tobacco product", customers can get heavily taxed, and can usually either apply for an appeal, or refuse the package and have it sent back to us. If the package gets sent back to Leaf Only, and you want it sent out again, you would have to pay for shipping all over again (since we do not get refunded for these circumstances). If you decide that you do not want the package re-shipped and would like a refund, you would only get refunded the item total minus a 5% restocking fee. Shipping charges do not get refunded. If your package is returned for being unclaimed and the shipping carrier charges us to have it returned, that amount will be deducted from your refund.
- If a package is returned for being unclaimed, or for any reason that causes Leaf Only to be charged a fee, this amount will be subtracted from your refund total.
- In most cases, tobacco leaf crosses the borders categorized correctly and without heavy taxes or duties. We just want to make customers aware of the possibility. If there is a major concern or depending on your circumstance, you can always try reaching your local customs office and tell them that you would like to import "RAW LEAF TOBACCO", commodity codes beginning with 2401, and ask them if there is anything you should be aware of.
Customers in Canada: You can still order online! Simply enter your postal code into the box above without any spaces and proceed with the checkout process.
- Please be aware that Leaf Only cannot be responsible for duties, taxes, or any other charges imposed by the Country of Canada or shipping carriers. As we were told by border officials published legislation, there is a $1.572 / kilo ($0.72 / LB) duty on raw leaf tobacco. We were also told that there may also be 8% - 13% tax on the item total depending on your province that is standard on all imports - even non-tobacco items, as well as a $16 manifest charge that customs may or may not impose.
- It is our understanding that UPS charges an additional "brokerage fee" for delivering goods to Canadian customers, while USPS does not. That explains the price gap in shipping options.
NOTE: If placing an order with an item total over $200, it's recommended to either call in for a custom UPS quote, or choose USPS when checking out online.
Customers in Austrailia: The country of Australia, as well as Australian customs, previously required an import permit in order to receive tobacco into the country. We had been told that if you do not obtain this permit, customs can seize and destroy your package, which we are not able to refund.
In early 2018, we started hearing from customers that this is no longer the case and that an import permit is not required. Please note that tobacco leaves may now need to undergo mandatory pest treatment at the border prior to release. The full article from the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources can be found here:
- Leaf Only collects customer information only to provide exceptional service. Leaf Only does not sell or distribute customer information, including payment details to any 3rd party organization.
For any other questions about our policies and/or procedures please don't hesitate to contact us!