Approximate # of leaves per pound: 80
|| Approximate leaf dimensions: 20in x 10in|
Our Ecuadorian Shade Wrapper
tobacco leaves are mild, thin, and smooth. This variety is similar to our Connecticut Shade
, but is a bit darker and thicker. Visually, it's almost like a cross between CT Shade and the CT Havanas.
Wholesale Pricing is Available For This Tobacco Leaf! Click Here For More Information!
- Our Ecuadorian Shade Wrappers are known to be a thinner, milder leaf, and is revered as a beautiful wrapper leaf in the cigar manufacturing industry.
- Light, but large enough to easily work with, these Ecuadorian Shade tobacco leaves are a joy to roll with.
- These leaves are much larger than they look in the picture! It's just that the hands are fanned out, so it creates the illusion of smaller bundles.
- These leaves arrive tied in traditional hands and should be processed just like all tobacco leaf wrappers. Just keep in mind that shade grown tobacco is usually much more fragile that sun grown wrappers (think Maduros and Oscuros) and requires a bit of finesse.
- One of the most interesting tid-bits about this leaf is that it is said to be "cloud grown", instead of in actual shade tents (like they do here in Connecticut). From what we understand, the region they are grown has almost constant cloud coverage (being in the mountainous foothills of Ecuador), which diffuses the light like a traditional cheesecloth shade tent would!
Only $45.99 /LB